Hello again and Happy March! It’s me, Claire popping over from A Little CLAIREification to bring you another easy slow cooker recipe that will hopefully help take your mind off of the crazy Winter weather for a bit.
These Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops are packed with flavor and the meat just falls off the bone. You could use boneless pork chops if you like, but bone-in chops are less expensive and the bone actually adds some flavor too.
Let me back up for a second and tell you that I originally envisioned a pork chop over a bed of rice with these great, colorful veggies & black beans.
This was not the case – the meat just falls apart and it was the about the happiest accident ever. My Husband ate this like it was his last dying meal. The spices came together so well and the red pepper flakes add the perfect amount of heat but it’s not “spicy hot”.
Each forkful is like a little bite of island inspired deliciousness and just may have you looking around for the white sand and a cabana boy fanning you with palm fronds. This recipe needs it’s own Caribbean soundtrack. I speak only the truth.
This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that I seriously wish I could reach through the screen and just feed this to every one of you reading along. I am thrilled with this recipe and we will absolutely be making it again – I hope you will give it a try too.
Having said that, I am now officially on “island time” my friends. ;) I’ll see you all again in April!
If you enjoy slow cooker meals, here are a couple more ideas including my Crockpot Beef Burgundy from last month…
and my Creamy Crockpot Chicken Saltimbocca
Recipe: Slow Cooker Jerk Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 thick cut bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Turn on your slow cooker and add the first eleven ingredients, down through the garlic.
- Stir briefly just for a minute until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pork chops, turning the once to coat both sides.
- Add the onion, peppers, corn and black beans on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Serve pork over rice or with a side of your choice.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s) Cooking time: 4 – 8 hours
Number of servings (yield): 4