Happy Memorial Day my friends! It’s Laura from Inspiration for Moms back to share with you another sweet dessert recipe – this time it even comes with a cherry on top! My Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes are irresistible. Just take a look….
Did you know you could have cheesecake in a cupcake size? Well, you can! This mini size is the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth and still keep your pants buttoned. 😉
Each delicious cupcake treat begins with a vanilla wafer crust, a smooth cheesecake middle and a scoop of cherry pie filling for the top. The combination is a dream come true for your taste buds!
I may have got a little carried away with the cherries. (I didn’t think anyone would mind.) My mini cupcakes are not only a treat to eat they’re also ridiculously easy to make. Really! From start to finish, it’s about 30 minutes and that includes baking time. It’s a great choice for a last minute dessert that will impressive your family and friends!
If you are in the mood for another cool treat, you’ll want to check out my Strawberry Chocolate Banana Green Smoothie. It’s great for breakfast or even an afternoon snack.
I do hope you will give this dessert a try and let me know how it goes! Alright everyone, enjoy your the rest of your holiday weekend and I will see you again in June! As always, feel free to stop by Inspiration for Moms and say hi! 🙂
Recipe: Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Prep Time and Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves 12 / 328 calories per serving
- 12 vanilla wafer cookies
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1(21-ounce) can of cherry pie filling
- cupcake liners
- muffin pan
1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2) Place one wafer in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
3) Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until blended.
4) Then add eggs and mix well.
5) Pour over wafers placed in cupcake liners, 3/4 full.
6) Bake for 25 minutes. (The cupcakes will puff up in the oven. But don’t worry, they will fall as they cool.)
7) Cool and chill in the refrigerator. Top with cherry pie filling.