Caramel has always been one of those recipes that sorta scared me. I have no idea why, because it is one of the easiest homemade candies you can make – and the recipe is one you can’t forget. Four ingredients and about 20 minutes and you have a batch of caramel that tastes like heaven in your mouth.
*this post contains affiliate links*
Easy Classic Caramel Recipe
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of dark brown corn syrup
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- 1 cup (one can) of sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- Butter an 8×8 baking pan and sit aside (the paper wrappers from the butter work great.)
- In a large sauce pan, put in the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil on medium heat, once boiling cook for four minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk, then put back on medium-low heat. Cook until it reaches 238 degrees with a candy thermometer.
- Pour into 8×8 inch baking pan and let cool completely. Cut into small pieces and wrap with wax paper.
Like this caramel recipe? You might also enjoy:
- Caramel sauce – it’s so delicious and super easy to make.
- Caramel cake with whipped apple cider cream – so yummy to look at it makes your eyes hungry!
- Caramel chocolate nut ice cream – because everything is better in ice cream!
Looking for more gifts in jars? See my friends for ideas!