Spinach Mushroom Tart…. it’s one of my favorite things to cook when I have company over for brunch. It’s entertaining at it’s best: laid back, light food, and lots of good conversation. Yesterday some great friends came over for a light brunch & lots of bloggy talk… but what else would bloggers talk about, eh? Since I knew the food would have to be as amazing as my friends, so I pulled out my favorite brunch recipe – Spinach Mushroom Tart. It looks soooo fancy, but it’s so easy that you’re going to look like a rock star chef in no time.
Spinach Mushroom Tart Recipe
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed
- 16 oz. fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 sheet of puff pastry (I use Pepperidge Farm, you may need more/less if your brand is different)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a sauce pan, start by melting the butter over medium heat, then add in the onions & saute until translucent. Add in the garlic and mushrooms (I used button – you can use your favorite), and cook until the mushrooms are completely cooked. After the mushroom mixture is cooked, set aside to slightly cool.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, mix together the egg & ricotta cheese. Squeeze the moisture out of the spinach using a kitchen towel, then add it to the ricotta mixture & incorporate them together. Add in the mushroom mixture & both kinds of cheese, salt & pepper – mix all together to create the filling.
- Using thawed puff pastry dough (the kind from the freezer section), open up a whole sheet, then take 1/3 of another sheet and seal the edges with your fingers on a lightly oiled 9 x 12 sheet pan (or just center it on a larger pan.) Prick the dough all over with a fork to keep it from rising too much in the middle. Put the filling on top, spreading it out over the dough, leaving about a 1/2 inch rim around the edge. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
Like this Spinach Mushroom Tart? You might also enjoy….
- Spinach Mushroom Panini – it’s an easy way to get the flavor in just a few minutes.
- Spinach Mushroom Pasta – cheesy and delicious, it would be the perfect thing to make for dinner or potlucks!
- Sausage & Spinach Slow Cooker Lasagna – put it in the pot in the morning and you’ll have something wonderful for dinner!
- 17 delicious ways to eat Spinach – because you can never have enough spinach recipes!