BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR YOUR FREE PRINTABLE SHOPPING LIST
Freezer meals make our lives easier – that’s exactly why we take the time to do them! It may seem like an overwhelming amount of work to a beginner, but once you get started you’ll find that it gets easier and easier. Along the way we’ve learned that these are some of the things that will speed up the packaging process, so you can get your meals finished even faster than ever before. So I hope these might make your job a little bit easier!
*these are affiliate links for your convenience, which means I get a portion of the sale with no additional cost to you whatsoever.*
1) Freezer containers – ok this one isn’t very revolutionary – but they are still essential. Did you know you can buy freezer bags in four different sizes: pint – quart – gallon – & 2 gallon? If you have a really large family, then the 2 gallon might be perfect for your needs. Besides bags, you can also find aluminum food storage pans (I use these in my meals) in different sizes ranging from 1 pound – 2 1/4 pound – 5 pound among others. Experience has taught me that square/rectangle pans work the best for maximizing freezer space.
2) Freezer bag holder – this one is a fairly new thing, and it speeds up making freezer meal storage so much! Instead of struggling with the bag, it holds it open for you to easily put your food inside.
3) Sharpies are your friend – mark everything. I mean every single meal. Write on the container what is inside, along with cooking directions & dates. No more mystery meals hanging out three years later.
4) Food Saver System – this isn’t one that I personally use, but a lot of readers swear by them, so I thought I’d include them. They vacuum seal the food to prevent freezer burn plus it compacts the packages giving you more freezer space – win/win. If you do make this investment, be sure you also grab some extra rolls of the packaging.
5) Freezer organizing bins – there’s nothing worse than having a freezer full of meals and not being able to find what you want for dinner. So invest in a few bins to keep everything easy to get to and it will make your freezer meals a whole lot easier when it comes dinner time.
Happy freezer meal making!