Looking for a good banana bread recipe? Then you’re in luck. Banana bread is one of my husband’s favorite things, when I make it he can eat an entire loaf by himself. Because we’re not so great at finishing up a bunch of bananas before they start getting spots, this banana bread recipe it my go-to for using them up.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (bananas with brown peels are the best)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a mixer with a whisk attachment, add in the white sugar, brown sugar and butter, then cream them together until well combined. Add in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and bananas, then mix together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flower, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture until it is all incorporated. Mix until the batter is together, then fold in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 4×8 loaf pan, then bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool before slicing to serve.
We love this banana bread recipe slightly warm with a bit of butter – and of course with a cup of coffee! It’s an easy breakfast, good dessert, but makes a great gift, too!
If you like this banana bread recipe, you might also like….
Easy apple cake – perfect for using up any kind of apple
Cinnamon crumb pound cake – another great food gift (even if it’s a gift to yourself!) Perfect with coffee!
Hummingbird cupcakes (with whipped vanilla cream cheese frosting) – it’s banana and pineapple and all things delicious!