Hey there Shabby Creek Cottage readers! It’s Laura from Inspiration for Moms back with another decedent dessert recipe for you. It’s a brand new year and I couldn’t be more excited! My baby boy is due anytime and I can’t wait to meet him. One of the craziest things about this pregnancy is my irresistible craving for everything chocolate. If you’re a chocolate lover too, you’ll love my post today. These Chewy Chocolate Cookie Bars are so full of chocolate goodness that you’ll think you died and ended up in chocolate heaven.
I’ve always been in love with the classic chocolate chip cookie. But there’s just something about the bar size that means business. 🙂 Plus this recipe is so much easier than making a huge batch of cookies. In just 30 minutes time, you’re done cooking and already enjoying a sweet chocolate bar full of deliciousness.
I’ll let you in on a secret, indulge while they’re still warm. They will be so chewy and the chocolate will just melt in your mouth. Speaking of indulging….I’m headed up stairs to grab another bar. 😉
I’ll see you again in February. Until then, I would love for you to stop by Inspiration for Moms. Hopefully in the next week or so, I will have some cute baby pictures to share with you! 😉
Chewy Chocolate Cookie Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 9 bars (depending on how you cut)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×9 pan, set aside.
2) In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and set aside to cool.
3) Combine the sugar, vanilla and egg. Then add the butter and mix until completely combined.
4) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well mixed.
5) Pour cookie batter into pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.