Did you know you can upcycle old candles into beautiful new crayon candles?
Hi, I’m Janine from Happy Happy Nester, and I’m so excited to share my latest creations involving melting old candle wax. Do you have some pretty worn out candles that aren’t fresh and beautiful? I have a few, and I thought that I would recycle them into new candles rather than throw them away. As a result, I made the cutest spring crayon candles. This project is super easy, and you’ll be so happy to have some new fresh candles for spring. So make sure to round-up your old worn candles and let’s get this craft party started.
Items you’ll need to make Crayon Candles
The following items contain Amazon Affiliate links.
- Old candles (if you want to color your candles a light color, I suggest you use your old white candles)
- Candle Wicks
- Recycled Jars
- Crayons (The Crayola brand works the best)
- Candle scents. Optional (please don’t use perfume since it is highly flammable)
- A container to melt wax
- Paper towels
1. Choose a glass or metal container you want to place your candle in and make sure it is clean and dry.
2. Place the wick in your container. You can wrap the top of the wick around a pencil and place it on the rim, and this will keep your wick centered.
4. Place your melting pot on the stove and turn the heat to low. Make sure to constantly watch your wax since it tends to melt quickly and burn.
5. Add one or two crayons depending on the amount of wax you use.
6. Melt your mixture and pour into your prepared candle containers.
7. Let cool and trim the wick.
I love how these sweet little candles turned out.
So make sure to use up your recycle old candle wax and create fresh new crayon candles for your home. I have more DIYs over on my blog, so come on over for a visit. Here are just a few.