As parents, we kind of think it’s our job to teach our kids all the essentials of life. But sometimes our kids teach us as much in life as we do them. I’m not talking about finding the true meaning of life, or how to laugh like a kid again – sometimes we actually learn things from our kids. Mine taught me how to fix broken makeup. I know, it sounds unimportant, but if you’ve broken your favorite (and rather expensive) eyeshadow, it can come in handy. Not that I’ve been there or anything. Ok, so yeah…. I’ve been there a few times. Luckily my makeup addicted daughter knew how to fix it, so big props to her for teaching me so I can teach you. And it’s so simple – want to learn?
How to Fix Broken Makeup
- Using a small knife, break up the rest of the makeup, being careful to keep it in the pan.
- Add a few drops of alcohol to the makeup and carefully mix just a bit with the tip of the knife to make a paste.
- Cut a small piece of wax paper, and put over the top of the makeup paste.
- Carefully smooth out the surface of the makeup by rubbing your finger over the wax paper to tamp down, then smooth out with the side of the knife blade (think like spreading butter.)
- Let dry overnight (at least 8 hours.)
- When it is dry, the wax paper will easily release from the makeup.
- Use alcohol and cotton swabs to clean up the edges of the container.
- Go back to using your makeup just like it was new.
Want to see it all done in under 30 seconds? Check out this quick video:
For more makeup tips, be sure to check out my favorite makeup hacks.
Leave a Reply