White Chicken Chili is such an unexpected take on chili, don’t you think? It hits a lot of the same familiar flavors, but it’s so different and unique all at the same time. Have you ever tried it? If not, you might just find yourself a white chicken chili convert after this recipe.
*This post contains affiliate links – which means I earn a tiny commission, but it doesn’t cost you any more whatsoever!*
It’s also the first recipe I’ve ever shared using an Instant Pot. I’ve got to admit – I was a bit scared of them at first. My mom had a horrible experience with the old fashioned pressure cookers back in the 70s, so I always heard horror stories about how dangerous they are.
These days, Instant Pots (or pressure cookers) are so much safer than when we were kids. And if Santa happened to bring you one for Christmas, then this is the perfect time to break it out so you can whip up a batch of this easy White Chicken Chili in no time!
click “print recipe” in the upper right hand corner of the white chicken chili recipe to save it
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 15 oz white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans green chilies
- 2 cups corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, (or to your taste)
- ½ teaspoon paprika, smoked
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Put all ingredients into the instant pot except the beans, cornstarch and water.
- Press the manual button and adjust it for 13 minutes
- After cook time is complete, do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken and shred it completely with two forks. Add it back to the pot, along with all the beans and the slurry of cornstarch and water.
- Taste for levels of seasoning at this point. Adjust if necessary.
- Press “saute” and let it simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
Got a hankering for traditional chili instead? You can get my recipe to make it in under 30 minutes without an Instant Pot by clicking here: QUICK & EASY CHILI