Wanna know the best homemade buttermilk ranch dressing recipe? This quick and easy recipe is a winner every single time! You’ll never hit the bottle again.
I think there are two camps of people: those who love ranch dressing (and eat it on everything that stands still) and those who just aren’t fans. Ok, make that three camps… because while I’ll eat it on a salad occasionally, that’s about as far as it goes. I don’t hate it. I don’t love it. But my family on the other hand? They LOVE it. Which is why on my quest to cut out processed foods this year, I had to figure out a homemade buttermilk ranch dressing recipe that they’d love as much as they do the bottled stuff. And I’ve got to admit – it was a huge challenge. However, after weeks of testing a bazillion different recipes, testing, tweaking & trying it all…. I finally nailed it. So today I’m sharing my recipe to hopefully keep those of you on the Whole Foods path to keep your ranch dressing lovers happy 🙂
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 c buttermilk, full fat
- ½ c sour cream
- ½ c mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- ½ tsp grainy mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dill, dried
- 2 tsp parsley, dried
- ¼ tsp salt (taste after adding for personal preference)
- as desired pepper, freshly ground
1. Mix together the first three ingredients, combine well
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the salt.
3. Add the salt, starting with a ¼ tsp, and then tasting as you go for desired preference. Enjoy however you like ranch the best.
Want another great sauce you can make yourself? Try my Homemade Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (it’s better than store bought, too!)