Want a dinner idea to toss together quickly & throw in the oven? Rosemary Garlic Sheet Pan Chicken is a restaurant quality meal you can make in minutes.
My family loves chicken legs. Which is a good thing because they’re some of the cheapest meat you can buy at the grocery store. I guess that’s because there’s no craze to inflate them.
Sidenote: Does anyone remember how cheap wings were before “Buffalo Wings” were around? Let’s keep the legs on the down low, k?
So back to my budget meal…. While I do cook a lot of boneless skinless chicken breast, every once in a while I’ll pick up a pack of legs. Or if I’m really trying to make my budget stretch, then I’ll buy a big pack of leg quarters and cut them up. Because I can always do other things with them, like BBQ Chicken.
Rosemary + Garlic has been my go-to recipe for whole roasted chicken for years, so it was the jumping off point for this sheet pan chicken recipe. It’s super easy and takes about 5 minutes of prep. Then you throw it in the oven and walk away. Now that’s my kinda cooking.
This recipe is great for feeding 2 or 10, just increase ingredients (you might need multiple pans, though!) Love potatoes? Add more! Rather have green beans? Then give them more sheet pan real estate. No matter what combination of the chicken to green beans to potato ratio, the sauce is going to make it all taste yummy.
*If you’re preparing more for a crowd, then be sure to increase the sauce by doubling or tripling those ingredients.
ROSEMARY GARLIC SHEET PAN CHICKEN RECIPE
- 4-6 chicken legs (depending on how many you need to feed)
- 2-3 pounds of red potatoes, (either small whole or quarter medium potatoes)
- 16 oz (or so) of fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (you could use 3 tablespoons of dried in a pinch)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, add in the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend together on high until fairy smooth. You’re looking for the consistency of Italian dressing.
- Dry the chicken, potatoes and green beans with a paper towel and place on the pan.
- Pour over the mixture and use your hands to coat everything well.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165. (Times vary due to ovens and the size of your chicken legs.)
- Optional: garnish with fresh rosemary before serving.