Got a craving for chicken fajitas? Make them at home – IN THE OVEN – with this super easy recipe to get that south of the border flavor in your own casa.
Fajitas… margaritas… I’m a fan of ALL the itas, my friends! So today, we’re going to dive into the easiest way to making chicken fajitas – in the oven.
As much as I love cooking sometimes you just want to throw it all together and not stand over the stove. So that’s kind of why this meal is pretty much perfect. Throw all the ingredients onto a pan, slide it in the oven and you are on the fast track to chicken fajitas.
Not only does this make for an easy dinner, you could easily translate it into a freezer meal by assembling all the ingredients, throwing it into a freezer bag & cooking it whenever you’re ready.
Of course, you could substitute beef or shrimp instead of the chicken – but no matter what kind of fajitas you love, this recipe works great everytime.
PS – My secret ingredient sounds so bizarre to have a “asian” ingredient in a “hispanic” dish – but I swear by it! You’ll never taste the soy sauce, but it’s my trick to getting authentic tasting fajitas every time.
EASY SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 1 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cut into strips
- 2 sweet peppers, red, green, yellow or orange, seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 – 8 soft tortillas, slightly grilled or warmed in the microwave or wrapped in foil in the oven
- 1 pkg fajita seasoning, low sodium
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 whole lime, sliced
- to taste – salt
- garnishes – chopped avocado, sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken strips, oil, soy sauce, pepper and fajita seasoning. Mix well so all the chicken is coated.
- Add the vegetables to the chicken and mix well. Squeeze a few lime segments over the mixture.
- Drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Try to not have any pieces overlapping each other.
- Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven and assemble. Take one warmed tortilla and place some fajita mix, sour cream and chopped avocado over the top. Squeeze more lime over everything if desired. Fold and eat!