If you ask my husband, you can never get enough buffalo wings. Although he’s a southern boy through and through, he’s not a sports guy. Or a hunting guy. He’s more of a tattooed, car lovin’ kinda guy. And he loves buffalo wings. And I am pretty partial to using a slow cooker – so when both of our culinary worlds collide, you get slow cooker Buffalo wings. Ah…. it’s the small things in life. I’ve made this recipe for years – and it never fails to satisfy, whether I make it for a few or for a crowd. It’s always a winner!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings Recipe
- 3-4 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 cup of hot sauce (I use Texas Pete)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon A-1 Steak Sauce
- Chives (for garnish)
- Clean the chicken wings and cut them apart into three sections at the joints (you’ll have a drumette, a flat and a tip.) Discard the tips (or save for broth later) and use the drumettes and flats into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the hot sauce, melted butter, honey and A-1 and pour over the wings in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 3-4 hours until they are tender and fully cooked.
- After they are cooked, place them on a cooking sheet and spoon a bit of sauce on top, then crisp up the skin in the oven with the broiler on high – watching them carefully so they don’t burn (usually takes 2 to 3 minutes.)
Spoon over just a little more sauce and top with some chopped chives and you’re ready to devour the slow cooker buffalo wings with ranch or bleu cheese for dipping. Or pass them to your favorite sports fan…. you’ll score big with this one!
[…] Slow Cooker Hot Wings – the classic recipe, but made the easy way. […]
[…] – You don’t need to go crazy and make your own wings, but if you want to, here’s a great recipe for crock pot wings – slow cooker recipes are so easy & the best part? […]
[…] Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings […]