You know that I love to entertain, and I love feeding my friends and family. That is exactly why I adore these spicy oyster saltine cracker … aka FIRE CRACKERS!! When friends and family stop by to chat or come over to indulge in movie night I can whip these up in just a few minutes. Which means less time in the kitchen, and more time hanging out with the people I love.
With just a few pantry items you can quickly create a treat that everyone will fight over. These spicy oyster saltine crackers are such a great surprise treat.
- 1 lb bag oyster crackers
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 pack ranch dip mix
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt the butter completely
- Pour bag of crackers into a large mixing bowl and add small amounts of butter then mix. Continue this until all the crackers are coated well
- Sprinkle a small amount of the ranch mix onto the crackers and mix. Continue this until all the crackers are evenly coated with the mix
- Sprinkle a small amount of the crushed red pepper flakes onto the crackers and mix. Continue this until the entire batch is evenly coated with all the ingredients
- To store, put into an airtight resealable plastic bag or container
What are Oyster crackers
Generally oyster crackers are small round crackers, usually served with soup, oysters, etc. They are produced by many brands but my favorite is the Saltine brand.
How to make spicy oyster saltine crackers
Spicy Oyster Saltine Crackers
- 1 lb Bag oyster crackers
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 pack Ranch dip mix
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes use less if you don't like it as spicy
Melt the butter completely
Pour crackers into a large bowl and add in small amounts of butter, then mix. Repeat this until all the butter has been added and all the crackers are well coated.
Sprinkle a small amount of the ranch mix on the buttered crackers and mix. Repeat this with the rest of the ranch mix until all the crackers are well coated.
Sprinkle the crushed red pepper the same way you did for the ranch. Ensuring that the spice is evenly spread throughout the entire batch.
Once dry, store in a resealable plastic bag or container.