Let’s talk about Sweet Tea Margaritas! As a margarita connoisseur, I can tell you I’ve tried them about every which way you can think of. Give me a classic on the rocks any day of the week. But I also love Moonlight Margaritas or Blood Orange Margaritas. But in my quest to expand my margarita palette, I’m always testing ideas.
So one day as I was sipping on sweet tea, I thought: “This would be awesome combined with a margarita.” And I was right. When you combine my favorite every day drink with my favorite cocktail, then it just gets about a thousand times better.
Want to try Sweet Tea Margaritas? Then you’ll need a few ingredients & a couple of minutes until you’re sipping on the perfect flavor of summer. I can actually see batches of these served pool side all summer long!
PS – here’s a pro tip: If you’re doing a sugar rim on margarita glasses, instead of water or simple syrup, use thicker corn syrup – it won’t slide down the glass 😉
*Click “PRINT RECIPE” in the upper right hand corner of the sweet tea margaritas recipe to save it to your computer*
- 2 oz. sweet tea
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice (or sweet & sour mix)
- 1.5 oz. tequila
- .5 oz. triple sec
- optional: sugar for rim & lime slices for garnish
- Mix together the tea, lime juice, tequila and triple sec in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake 20-30 seconds until well blended and shilled.
- Pour over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sugar rimmed glass and slice of lime.