Hello again, it’s Emily from The Benson Street! I am a big fan of breakfast and brunch. It is almost like I can get away with eating something sweet and dessert like in the morning. One of the best things to have in the morning is a fresh baked loaf of sweet bread. Citrus Glazed Poppy Seed Bread is a wonderful way to start out the morning. The citrus glaze gives the bread a zing that wakes me up. Plus, it has a summery light taste!
Growing up this was always a staple at any special breakfasts or brunches. My mom received this recipe from my great aunt and now it has been past down to me. Recipes are always better when they are shared. So I’m sharing this gem with you.
Follow these simple instructions, pop in the oven and enjoy with friends and family.
Citrus Glazed Poppy Seed Bread
yields two medium loaves
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/8 cups oil
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 2 to 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Beat eggs, oil and sugar together.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased and floured bread pans.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly in pans.
- Poke holes in top of loaves.
- Make glaze by heating all ingredients on stovetop until sugar dissolves.
- Pour or brush glaze on top of loaves.
- Cool and serve.
If you liked this idea you will love these: