Want a fun way to add a little holiday decor outdoors this year? These super simple evergreen gnomes are perfect! And if you can get your hands on some free greenery (like I did) you can make them for just a couple of bucks.
- Tomato cage – 36 inches tall
- Evergreen greenery
- Gnome Hat
- Clear or Tan ornament
- Mittens (or painted wood cut outs)
- Zip Ties
- Garden shears
- Start by pulling the ends of the tomato cage together and zip tying it together to make a cone shape.
- Next, using zip ties, connect small bundles of evergreen branches to the middle section of the tomato cage. You’ll need about 3 in each section of the tomato cage (so 9 total)
- After that, put another layer of greenery zip tied to the top of the tomato cage (plus around other greenery for stability.)
- Put your hat on the gnome, then zip tie a large ornament to the tomato cage so it falls just under the edge of the hat.
- Lastly, add on your mittens with more zip ties.
- Sit on your porch and watch all your neighbors smile. 🙂