Although I’m usually a margarita kind of girl, when the holidays roll around I’m all about the eggnog. There’s just something about it that screams “Christmas cheer” to me! And when I really want to be over the top, turning that eggnog into an eggnog mudslide drink is about a thousand times better. It’s like taking a gorgeous Christmas morning and turning it into a white Christmas … it’s just what holiday dreams are made of.
- 1c eggnog
- 1oz coconut rum
- 1oz Kahlua
- Whip cream (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- Combine eggnog, coconut rum, Kahlua and stir together
- Pour into serving glass and top with whip cream and cinnamon to garnish
What is Eggnog
That thick milky drink only sold during the holiday season, and usually in milk carton form has been around, from what most historians agree on, since the 13th century. Of course, we aren’t drinking the same recipe as Monks were in those days. Today, eggnog is made with beaten eggs, cream, flavorings, and usually includes alcohol.
What is a Mudslide Drink Made of
Ask any bartender and you will find out that a mudslide drink is made with Rum, Kahlua, ice cream (yay ice cream), blended with ice, then served with chocolate drizzled in the glass. Let me tell you, as a fan of a good cocktail … it’s delicious.
Eggnog Mudslide Drink Ingredients
- Carribean Coconut Rum (You may need to use Malibu or Parrot Bay rum instead. We picked this up on our trip to Belize … where I currently hold the refill record at The Daquari Bar in Harvest Key, Belize!)
- Whip Cream (optional)
- Cinnamon for garnish (optional)
Eggnog Mudslide Drink
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 1 oz Coconut Rum
- 1 oz Kahlua
- Whip Cream optional
- 1 dash Cinnamon optional
Combine eggnog, coconut rum, Kahlua, and stir together.
Pour into serving glass and add whip cream and cinnamon to garnish.