No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are probably the most made kind at our house. I mean… what’s not to love? Chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal… and did I mention they’re no bake? Yeah…. kinda the best cookies ever.
Honestly, though, it might be that my favorite thing about them is that I’m never the one who makes them. My hubby makes the no bake cookies every time, because his turn out SO much better than mine.
Since you’ve probably already got the ingredients in your pantry, no bake cookies are pretty much at your fingertips any time – and they take less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish.
And… because I’m not the no bake cookie maker at our house, my husband Mitch joined me on Facebook Live to show how he makes them.
(Side note: Isn’t he a total champ for joining me? Of course, bribing him with a Lego set totally helped… but still…)
See! His turn out perfect every time – and if you try them, be sure to drop a comment below and let me know how yours turned out!
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL NO BAKE COOKIES
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- In a large sauce pan on medium high heat, melt butter, then add in milk, sugar and cocoa. Whisk together.
- Whisk occassionally until mixture comes to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, use a timer and boil exactly 1 minute, then take off the heat.
- Add in vanilla and peanut butter, then whisk until smooth.
- Fold the oatmeal into the mixture, then spoon out onto parchment paper & allow to cool for 30 minutes.