Ah… the burlap table runner. In my Etsy days, I bet I made a million miles of burlap table runner in every shape, color and style. They’re so fun to add a little farmhouse style to almost any space. Today my friend Janine is here to show us her version.
Hello, friends, I’m Janine from Happy Happy Nester. I’m excited to share with you an easy DIY no sew burlap table runner. I’m certain that you’ll love this simple and elegant project. Burlap has been around forever, and it is available in a variety of fun colors. My home decor is on the lighter side, so I made a cream color runner. You’ll be happy to know that this runner is pretty similar to the one Pottery Barn sells for a whopping $49! So, you can get the latest look without spending too much money. Ok, you’ll need three items and around 10 minutes to create this new addition to your table. So without further adieu, let’s get started on this project.
DIY No Sew Burlap Table Runner
- Burlap (available in a variety of colors) If you prefer to prewash your fabric, it can be machine washed.
- Measuring tape
1. Determine the size of your runner. Most runners are 15″ – 20″ wide.
2. Measure the width and mark with a pen.
3. Find where you want your cut line and make a little snip.
4. Locate the thread that runs along the line and pull it gently. It will gather and eventually it will slide out of the cloth.
5. You will now have an open line where the thread used to be. This space is your guideline in which to cut.
6. Cut the whole length and repeat for all sides of the runner. If you prefer to have a little fringe on the ends, just remove a couple of rows of horizontal thread.
I love how easy this project is and how little time it takes to make a table runner. To learn about more DIY, crafts projects, visit my blog, Happy Happy Nester I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment below. Happy crafting!