Don’t spend a fortune on art work! Make this easy farmhouse kitchen decor wall art in just a few minutes (and it’s perfect for beginners!)
Maybe it’s the writer in me, but I can never seem to get enough signs with words. I’ve made them a gazillion different ways – but they’re usually pretty complicated and can take longer than my attention span can handle. But this sign is ALL kinds of different. It’s quick, easy, pretty much fail-proof – and you don’t need any real skill to pull off this gorgeous farmhouse kitchen decor in minutes.
farmhouse kitchen decor
For this product, I used my favorite new craft supplies from Chalk Couture (I love it so much I became an independent designer). You can find all of these in my shop: *this post contains affiliate links, which means I make a tiny bit of the sale with no additional cost to you*
- Start by painting the canvas with two layers of chalkboard paint. Put on one coat horizontally and let it dry. After it’s dry (usually takes about an hour or so), then apply a second coat vertically on the canvas. Let completely dry (typically takes 4-6 hours, but overnight is usually easiest for me.)
- Remove the backing paper from the Farm to Table transfer, then apply it to the the canvas by aligning it with the top and sides. This transfer fits an 18×24 canvas beautifully. Working from the top down, smooth out the transfer. Make sure to rub the transfer really well with your hands to adhere it to the canvas (the adhesive is pressure sensitive, so rubbing it will help it attach better.)
- Use the squeegee to apply the Chalkology Paste on the entire transfer. Paying careful attention to the transfer, you’ll be able to see where the chalk has been applied & spots that may have been missed. You need to keep the paste moist while working, so lay a damp paper towel on top (DO NOT PRESS IN) to lock in the moisture.
- Once the entire transfer has been covered, then remove the transfer and clean it immediately with Clorox wipes on front and back to remove all the paste.
- Let your farmhouse kitchen decor dry (about 20 minutes) and you’re ready to hang!
Watch how to make this Farmhouse Kitchen Decor Sign in minutes!
So easy, right?!? Interested in making these to SELL?